Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Miracle

Yes it is true this year my family was blessed with a miracle. You see the doctors were positive that my dad would either have to have shunts (however it's spelled) or a bypass. They even thought it might have to be a multiple bypass. So we went to the hospital yesterday to get his angeogram (I'm not so good at spelling the medical terms). We waited FOREVER! They finally took my Dad after like 5 hours of waiting. Telling us he'd be back in an hour to an hour and a half. My grandma and i left about 35 mins after that to get some food. My dad wasn't allowed to eat and we didn't want him to have to smell our food. My mom stayed to wait for him.
I'm waiting with my cute grammy to get our food and my mom called telling me my dad was back! And that they didn't do anything for him. My heart sunk... That meant he needed a bypass. I know people have them all the time but i was still worried for my Dad. Almost in tears I repeated back to her "They didn't do anything?" She responded "No they don't have to do ANYTHING AT ALL!!!" I was truly in tears then.
He could control it with medication. All of our prayers had been answered. That had never been an option. He has to check back in a year, other than that it's back to normal!!
I'd like to thank all of you for your support and prayers. We truly appreciate it.

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

I am so happy for all of you and especially your dad! That is awesome news.

Anonymous said...

Yah! That is great news!! Problems with the heart are SO scary! I thought about you guys a lot, and I am so happy that you and your family have had this great miricle! And that you all dont have to go thru something worse together!

Michaelangelo said...

Wow what a miracle! Hope all continues to go well for your Dad!